The Crocodile Grill is launching several new items on its dinner menu tonight, with flavours to savour.
“It’s just a little update to keep our menu fresh for our diners,” says executive chef Paolo Vasapolli. “We are bringing out a variety of choices we think will appeal to every palate.”
He credits the team of chefs — Drew Verdam, Howard Lamoureux and Darith Smith — with designing the new dishes:
- Café Salad: mixed greens topped with bacon, shredded cheese, hard-boiled egg, onion, tomato, cucumber and spiced pecans;
- Buffalo Chicken Salad: mixed greens topped with bacon and cheese, a layer of fried tortilla chips and sliced chicken breast marinated in buffalo sauce;
- Bacon and Egg Poutine: crispy fries, mozzarella cheese, smoked bacon, fried egg and savoury poutine gravy;
- Philly Cheesesteak: tender sliced beef with Swiss cheese, peppers and onions served on fresh ciabatta;
- Veggie Wrap: assorted fresh grilled vegetables with lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, garlic and hummus in a soft tortilla wrap, served with fries;
- Chicken Fiesta: sliced chicken breast served on tortilla chips with southwest ranch dressing, tomatoes, green onions, cheese and fresh lime with a side of rice and vegetables.
The grill, located on the ground floor of Vanier Hall, serves dinner from 7 to 11 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 5 to 11 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.