This weekend is one of the final opportunities to qualify for a draw to win an Apple iPad tablet computer by cheering on the Lancers through the Ignite Pride campaign. Fans in attendance at the basketball games against Western, Saturday in the Dennis Fairall Fieldhouse, can check in to earn a ballot. Get the details on the campaign website.
Here is a quick rundown of all this weekend’s varsity action:
- Lancer basketball will tip off against the Laurier Golden Hawks in the Dennis Fairall Fieldhouse on Friday, February 2. The women play at 6 p.m. and the men at 8 p.m.
- Men’s hockey will face off against the Lakehead Thunderwolves at the Capri Pizzeria Recreation Complex at 7:30 p.m. Friday, February 2. The team will be back on the ice — same time, same place — on Saturday to host the Brock Badgers.
- Women’s hockey will play the Guelph Gryphons at 4 p.m. Saturday, February 3, at the Capri Pizzeria Recreation Complex, formerly known as South Windsor Arena.
- Basketball is back on the St. Denis Centre court on Saturday to take on the Western Mustangs. Game time is 4 p.m. for the men and 6 p.m. for the women.
- Track and field athletes will hit the road to compete in the Akron Invitational in Ohio and the York Open in Toronto.
- Volleyball will travel to Peterborough to meet the Trent Excalibur on Friday, and to Toronto on Saturday to play the Ryerson Rams. The women play both nights at 6 p.m. and the men at 8 p.m.
The volleyball teams’ February 11 home stand against Western is the final featured Ignite Pride contest.