The Canadian Music Centre is bringing six composers to Windsor to hear their compositions played by the University Wind Ensemble, directed by professor Nicholas Papador, on Tuesday, February 13.
The Concert Band Reading Session will be the first time many of these works will be played by an actual ensemble of musicians.
The six pieces are intended for groups at the beginner or intermediate level:
- David Carovillano, Onward! An Overture for Concert Band
- Sarah Coles, Sunset on Green Lake
- Alex Eddington, Flight of the Hawks
- David Fawcett, Meditation and Allegro
- Jim Harley, A Walk in the Woods
- Monica Pearce, Let Them Howl
An audience of conductors, educators, band directors, and others interested in Canadian repertoire will be on hand to enjoy and discuss the works.
The free event will begin at 4:30 p.m. in the Multimedia Studio, Freedom Way building, 360 Freedom Way. Learn more on the website of the School of Creative Arts.