Former Odette School of Business dean Allan Conway was honoured June 14 for his contributions to the University of Windsor with a reception to mark the naming of the Dr. H. Allan Conway Auditorium in the Odette Building and to thank the Odette Foundations for their contributions to the project.
Dr. Conway, who retired in 2016 following 12 years at UWindsor, was at the helm at the business school during a period of change and growth, including:
- Development of Odette’s Financial Markets laboratory, a state-of-the-art trading simulation facility that bridges the gap between classroom theory and real-world experience;
- Establishment of the MBA and Masters of Management programs, and upgrades to the BComm program;
- Securing accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business — making Odette one of only eight such accredited schools in Canada;
- Establishment of a Student Success Centre to enhance student recruitment efforts, assist with first-year transition, course advising, student counselling, tutoring, and career services, and;
- Such student-focused initiatives as the Georgie-Odette Leadership Symposium, the Rotman International Trading Competition, the Leader-in-Residence-for-a-Day Program, and the Odette High School Leadership Initiative, among others.
Conway was joined by friends and supporters, including representatives of the P & L Odette Charitable Foundation, the E & G Odette Foundation, and the University of Windsor.