The hiring of five new faculty members through the President’s Indigenous Peoples Scholars Program will enhance the learning experiences of students, says Marcello Guarini, dean of arts, humanities, and social sciences.
“The range of expertise of our new colleagues allows for a broad-based Indigenous enrichment of our curriculum,” he says, pointing to new courses and research opportunities across several disciplines.
Each of the five represents a different academic specialty:
- Ashley Glassburn Falzetti, women’s and gender studies;
- Onawa LaBelle, psychology;
- Rebecca Major, political science;
- Sandra Muse Isaacs, English; and
- Andrea Sullivan-Clarke, philosophy.