The Hot Line station in the student centre’s Marketplace will serve special multicultural meals this week in anticipation of the Celebration of Nations.
On the menu March 12 to 14 are flavours representing some of the diversity of the campus community.
Tuesday is South Asian day, featuring these dishes:
- vegetarian paneer tikka wrap,
- vegetarian samosas,
- halal chicken korma, or
- halal Sri Lankan beef curry,
all served with curried cauliflower and aromatic basmati rice.
Wednesday will highlight foods from other Asian countries:
- halal Thai sweet chili chicken,
- halal Korean ground beef lettuce wraps, or
- vegetarian sous-vide chili garlic tofu over soba noodles,
all served with a medley of bok choy, Chinese broccoli, and jasmine rice.
On Thursday, diners will enjoy dishes from the Levant:
- halal chicken shawarma with assorted toppings,
- vegetarian cucumber-tomato salad with zaatar, or
- halal kofta meatballs,
all served with mujaddara (Lebanese rice and lentils) and fried eggplant drizzled with tahini.
The Celebration of Nations cultural festival gives the campus community a chance to share customs and heritage reflecting the diversity of its members. It will begin at noon with a parade of flags and culminate in presentations and performances in the CAW Student Commons until about 3:30 p.m. Learn more on the event website.