Over the December holidays, seasonal commitments often pose a challenge for its donors, says Canadian Blood Services.
It has issued an appeal to give blood and is hosting donor clinics on campus the next two days to make it even more convenient for students, faculty, and staff:
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the CAW Student Centre Commons;
- Thursday, Nov. 21, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room, St. Denis Centre.
Walk-in donors are welcome, but appointments will better accommodate donors’ working schedules. To book an appointment, call 1-888-2DONATE (1-888-236-6283).
As with previous clinics, the Department of Human Resources encourages all eligible employees to participate in this worthwhile process and asks any employees who wish to donate to make the necessary arrangements with their supervisors regarding the possibility of extended lunch or break periods.
To meet demand, Windsor needs almost 1,500 donors before the end of the year. Those unable to give this week may also visit the donor centre at 3909 Grand Marais Rd. East during these hours:
- Monday and Wednesday, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon
The centre will close Dec. 24, 25, 31, and Jan. 1, opening on Boxing Day, Dec. 26, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.