The Department of Human Resources invites the campus community to the annual Employee Recognition Awards reception, Jan. 20 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in the Alumni Auditorium, CAW Student Centre.
The event will honour the following individuals and teams:
- Excellence in Leadership Award – Lisa Porter, executive director, Windsor Health Institute;
- Excellence in Health and Safety Award – Lucy Howe, make lab technician – Visual Arts in the School of Creative Arts;
- Impact Award – Co-chairs of the LGBTQ+ in STEM Conference: Tricia Carmichael, acting associate dean of research and graduate studies in the Faculty of Science, and James Gauld, department head of chemistry and biochemistry;
- Service Excellence Award (Individual) – Michelle Fitzgerald, administrator of international and exchange student services in the International Student Centre, and Beverley Hamilton, academic initiatives officer in the Office of the Provost and Vice-President Academic;
- Service Excellence Award (the First Five Years of Employment) – Jessica Hatt, secretary in the Faculty of Law;
- Service Excellence Award (Team) – The Print Shop (team members include: reprographic operators Jennifer Almeida and Scott Thorpe, and Luc Quenneville reprographic/WordPro operator);
- “U” Make a Difference Award – Andrew Jenner, manager of technical support in the Faculty of Engineering.