There is still space available for a special tasting menu of gourmet vegan dishes, Feb. 13 in the University Club.
The lunch, with seating from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday in the restaurant on the lower level of Vanier Hall, will feature these plant-based foods:
- Pan fried “crab” cake with heirloom beet relish and micro greens $7
Heart of palm, nori, beets, red bell peppers, garlic, micro greens
- “Scallop” over sweet pea risotto and smoked romesco sauce $8.50
Grilled king oyster mushroom, sweet peas, risotto, smoked tomato purée, micro greens
- Carrot osso buco with creamy polenta $8.50
Carrots, pearl onions, cremini mushrooms, red wine, curry powder, polenta, fresh chopped leaf parsley, soy milk
- Sumac pan-seared “steak” with cilantro aquafaba meringue $5
Fresh cauliflower, chopped cilantro, chickpea brine
- Fries with roasted garlic aioli $5
Fried yucca, roasted garlic cloves, vegan mayo
- Vegan duo mochi (chocolate and mango) or chocolate bread pudding $5
and a selection of local wines and beers $5 per serving
Seating and quantities of food are limited. To join executive chef Paolo Vasapolli for this special plant-based tasting menu, place a reservation with Catering Services at 519-253-3000, ext. 3276 or 3277.