A healthy snack doesn’t have to taste bad, says Giovanna Abraham of Facility Services.
She swears by her recipe for chewy granola bars, which allows for a lot of variation depending on what you have on hand and, best of all, requires no baking.
Gia’s Yummiest and Chewiest Granola Bars
- 1 cup of peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 2½ cups of rolled oats
- Pour all the wet ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds and then stir.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl, and add the wet ingredients and stir.
- Coat a nine-inch glassware dish with oil, add the mixture and press flat.
- Place in fridge to set for two hours, or take a shortcut and place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
Abraham prefers to use crunchy peanut butter and suggests these optional additions: a teaspoon of vanilla extract; ½ cup of flax seeds or chopped nuts of your choice; a cup of crisped rice cereal, dried fruit, or chocolate chips.
Find more recipes — as well as a place to submit your own — on the Healthy Eating website.