Students and researchers seeking to learn more about applying data and statistical analysis to their research can now take advantage of a series of research data online workshops.
Librarians and data experts at the Leddy Library’s Academic Data Centre have curated a total of 12 workshops designed to introduce students to both geospatial and numeric datasets using geographic information systems and statistical applications as well as research data management support.
The workshops are free and will take place during the lunch hour throughout the semester using Blackboard Collaborate. No registration is required; simply join in using the link provided on the library website.
- Jan. 22 - Getting Started with Stata statistical software
- Jan. 29 - Guidance for Analyzing 2016 Census Microdata
- Feb. 5 - Research Data Management at the University of Windsor
- Feb. 10 - Introduction to the R programming language
- Feb. 11 - Mapping the Census with R
- Feb. 12 - Introduction to Linear Regression in R
- Feb. 18 - Introduction to Data Visualization in R Using ggplot2
- Feb. 26 - Discovering Data for Your Research
- March 11 - Survey Design and Analysis Using Qualtrics
- March 19 - Introduction to SAS
- April 7 - Introduction to GIS with ArcGIS Pro
- April 15 - Creating Web Maps with ArcGIS Online
The first workshop of the series takes place Friday, Jan. 22. Learn more about the Academic Data Centre and its services on the library’s website.