The World Day of Social Justice is just around the corner and provides a wonderful opportunity to reflect. In this spirit, the Office of Human Rights, Equity, and Accessibility will present several OHREA Awards at its annual open house event on Friday, Feb. 26.
Honorees will be celebrated for advancing social justice, mental health, employment equity, and accessibility at the University of Windsor.
This year’s honorees include:
- Sarah Richards (student, Drama in Education and the Community) – Accessibility Award;
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity Committee of Human Kinetics – Employment Equity Award;
- Katrina Bahnam (student, Law and Politics) – Human Rights and Social Justice Award;
- Frank Renaud (University of Windsor and Lancer alumnus) – Mental Health Champion Award;
- Leddy Library – the OHREA Award
The OHREA Awards will take place between noon and 12:45 p.m. The event will be held virtually via YouTube live. Further information to access the link is available on the OHREA website.
Organizers invite the campus community to donate to this year’s recipient fundraiser, Hiatus House, at www.canadahelps.org/en/pages/annual-ohrea-awards/.