An online interactive workshop on the Instagram social network will provide opportunities for faculty, staff, and students to meet and work with others on campus to champion the platform. The event is set for 1:30 to 3 p.m. Friday, May 14, over Microsoft Teams.
Participants will hear from panellists addressing a range of topics:
- “Creating Pictures and Videos for Instagram,” Naomi Pelkey, digital communications technician in the Office of Enrolment Management – Marketing
- “Instagram Contests,” Sarah Hébert, communications assistant, student experience, in the Office of the Associate Vice-President
- “Instagram Takeovers,” Madhu Yadiki and Khushali Parikh, student ambassadors in the Office of Enrolment Management – Marketing
- “Instagram Stories,” Cailey Theos, student employee in Lancer Athletics
- “The UWindsor Brand, Top Performers, and Resources,” Tim Brunet, social media co-ordinator in Public Affairs and Communications, and sessional instructor
“Instagram is by far our most active channel on campus,” says Brunet. “Posts on Facebook might get 100 likes on a good day, but a post on Instagram receives between 400 and 1800 likes. UWindsor’s Instagram channel reached 67,158 accounts this past month.”
He promises that whether you are keeping up with @CristianoRonaldo, @arianagrande, and @therock, or just a beginner, you will find the workshop a productive use of your time.
Registration is free but required. Early registration is recommended; priority will be given to staff, faculty, and student administrators who run Instagram channels for UWindsor units.