Summer is a great time to think about self-care, suggests Human Resources in a message sent Monday to UWindsor staff and faculty.
Long sunny days and warmer weather offer opportunities to switch up routines. The Wellness Tip of the Week lists activities that promote wellness and encourage you to get outside and enjoy the sunshine:
- Go for a stroll. A long walk can be a great way to clear your head and enjoy a warm summer afternoon. Explore Windsor-Essex County’s parks and trails.
- Make a summer feel-good playlist. Music can be an effortless way to improve your mood and motivate you to get moving.
- Explore your local farmer’s market. A trip to the farmer’s market can be a great opportunity to try new foods. Check out some of the farmer’s markets in Windsor-Essex County.
- Have a picnic. Enjoying a meal outside can be an easy way to get some fresh air and shake up your daily routine.
- Practice mindfulness. Try meditation or make a list of 10 things you are thankful for.