As the University continues the gradual transition of employees back to campus in accordance with public health measures, supervisors may find themselves managing a hybrid work team.
Hybrid work teams may operate on a rotating schedule — different members of the team work on campus and remotely based on a set schedule — or some team members may continue to work remotely while others transition full-time to work on-campus.
This month’s information sheet outlines some strategies that supervisors can use to lead and manage an inclusive, engaging, and supportive hybrid work team. The document highlights these guidelines:
- Ensure clear standards and expectations
- Discourage a “them versus us” culture
- Be mindful of modes of communication and ensure everyone feels a sense of belonging
- Provide opportunities to bring your team together and for social connections
- Encourage healthy practices