Healthy eating is all about moderation and balance, advises Human Resources in a message sent Monday to UWindsor faculty and staff.
It offers simple but effective ways to improve eating habits:
- Nourish your body throughout the day and avoid skipping meals.
- Eat slowly and without the distractions of TV, computers, or smart phones.
- Rather than worry about good versus bad foods, remember that moderation is the key.
- Use caffeine in moderation, particularly if you are prone to anxiety or sleep problems.
- Become more conscious of why you eat when you are not hungry.
Sometimes we use food to cope with feelings of boredom, unhappiness, loneliness, or social pressure. Read the entire Wellness Tip of the Week.