Feb 15th, 2022
Wellness doesn’t have to be complicated. In a message sent Monday to faculty and staff, Human Resources shares some simple ways to improve mental health:
- Be kind. Showing kindness can help you and others feel good.
- Be yourself. Appreciating yourself can have a positive impact on your mental health.
- Practise gratitude. Being grateful can help you develop a positive outlook on life.
- Get active. Physical activity can improve your mood.
- Eat healthy foods. What you eat can affect how you feel. Eat healthy to feel healthy.
- Get your groove on. Music soothes the soul, has the ability to change your moods, and can help pick you up when you’re feeling down.
- Laugh. Laughter is medicine for the mind and helps to reduce stress and tension.