Scholarship at UWindsor, the campus institutional repository, marked its 10th anniversary last month. Launched in November 2012, it collects, preserves, and disseminates intellectual output from UWindsor scholars in digital form.
“Institutional repositories like Scholarship at UWindsor benefit both the institution and its scholars by raising the institutional profile,” said scholarly communications librarian Pascal Calarco. “They also provide broader dissemination, increased use, and enhanced professional visibility of scholarly research.”
The first collection added to the repository included more than 4,000 digital theses and dissertations produced by University of Windsor graduates from 1953 to 2012.
Scholarship at UWindsor is now home to 18,540 items including published journal articles, white papers, and full proceedings from conferences held on campus. To date documents in Scholarship at UWindsor have been downloaded over 4.5 million times by users around the world.
Open access digital institutional repositories allow faculty to have a secure platform for exposing their intellectual output for maximum discoverability, resulting in increased readership, downloads, and citations to their work.
Scholarship at UWindsor is a vehicle for faculty to share published papers, chapters, and conference proceedings as well as creating a web‐based presence to feature academic expertise and accomplishments.
At its 10-year anniversary, the repository has added over 13,000 more items and has garnered millions of downloads from people around the world.
If you are interested in depositing your work into the repository, contact Calarco at email@example.com.
Explore the institutional repository online: https://scholar.uwindsor.ca/.
Top 10 downloads from Scholarship at UWindsor on its 10th anniversary:
* Based on the average number of full-text downloads per day since the paper was posted.
- Battery Management System For Electric Vehicle Applications Rui Hu. 36,122 downloads.
- The Relationship between Management and Financial Accounting as Professions and Technologies of Practice Alan J. Richardson. 32,425 downloads.
- The Barbarian's Beverage: A History of Beer in Ancient Europe Max Nelson. 31,954 downloads.
- A critical analysis of Jean Paul Sartre's existential humanism with particular emphasis upon his concept of freedom and its moral implications. Joseph P. Leddy. 27,678 downloads.
- What types of arguments are there? James B. Freeman. 22,288 downloads.
- The ultimate load carrying capacity of single angle, single bolted connections. George R. Sinclair. 21,178 downloads.
- The evolution of the U.S. Containment Policy in Asia. Richard John Pilliter. 15,999 downloads.
- Chinese Women, Marriage and Gender: exploring the idea of women and marriage over time in the context of China. Siyu Chang, 9,230 downloads.
- Sixties Scoop, Historical Trauma, and Changing the Current Landscape about Indigenous People Shandel Valiquette. 8,221 downloads.
- The effects of divorce on children’s academic achievement Rachel Chimienti. 5,178 downloads.