Ten new co-op streams in the arts, humanities, and social sciences are now available to students looking to gain hands-on work experience and a competitive edge upon graduation.
Launched in collaboration with Co-operative Education and Workplace Partnerships and the Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, the new co-op offerings span a variety of disciplines and fields of study, including:
- Communication, Media, and Film
- Drama in Education and Community with a Concentration in Applied Theatre
- Modern Languages and Second Language Education (Spanish Stream)
- Political Science
- The inaugural cohort of FAHSS co-op students will be selected from students entering the Fall 2023 intake this September from the eligible Honours Bachelor of Arts disciplines.
- Applications for eligible students open Friday, Dec. 1, and close Monday, Jan. 8, at 4 p.m. Those students will be invited to in-person and virtual information sessions to learn more about how co-op could compliment their degree program.
- After the first intake of FAHSS co-op students, this option will be available from high school (Fall 2024 admissions).
Kristen Morris, manager of co-operative education and workplace partnerships, says the co-op office is excited to build on the success of existing UWindsor co-op and internship programs by offering more students the opportunity to put their skills to work in a variety of sectors.
“With these additional co-op streams, students will be able to explore their career options, build professional connections, and earn 12 months of paid work experience while applying and enhancing their skills,” says Morris.
Cheryl Collier, dean of the Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, says she is excited to be able to offer students co-operative education opportunities in many core programs.
We already know that the skills students develop in our programs are essential to the jobs of the future,” Dr. Collier says. “They will now get the opportunity to apply these skills during their university education which will give them an even stronger advantage and head start toward their careers upon graduation.”
For more information about the new FAHSS co-op options, visit uwindsor.ca/coop.