To show appreciation for students’ patience during the recent CUPE Local 1393 work stoppage, the Department of Athletics and Recreational Services has enhanced its services by modifying the operational hours of the Forge Fitness Centre and the St. Denis Centre pool.
Beginning on Monday, October 21, the St. Denis Centre will remain open an additional hour each evening, while the pool’s recreational swim hours will also have a modified schedule. These changes will remain in effect through the 2013/14 academic year.
The Forge will extend its evening hours by 60 minutes to operate from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday to Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
The pool will offer recreational swims:
- Monday and Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 8 to 10 p.m. (was 9:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday (lane swim only), 8 to 10:30 p.m. (was 9:30 p.m.)
- Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 9 p.m. (was 8 p.m.)
- Sunday, women only from noon to 1 p.m. and family swim from 1 to 4 p.m.
The department will also offer UWindsor students a free fitness class in the Duddy training room, 4 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, October 21 to December 13. Stay tuned to www.uwindsor.ca/campusrec for more details.