Lily Duong knows how to have a good time. The business student parlayed her knowledge of local festivals into a victory in Monday’s DailyNews quiz.
Duong’s entry was drawn from all those which correctly identified these points about activities in Essex County during the remaining summer weekends:
- County Road 50 hosts Explore the Shore on July 26 and 27;
- Fort Malden is the setting for Military Heritage Days, August 2 and 3;
- John R. Park Homestead Conservation Area hosts the Blueberry Social and Lost Arts Festival on August 10;
- a tractor pull is a centrepiece of the Essex County Steam and Gas Engine Show, August 8 to 10 in McGregor;
- Balloonapalooza will fill downtown Windsor with giant inflatables August 16 and 17;
- mascot Nibby will welcome celebrants to the Tecumseh Corn Festival, August 21 to 24;
- the Harrow Fair will celebrate its 160th anniversary August 28 to 31.
Duong will receive a fabulous prize package—an acrylic tumbler, a pen, a key ring and a quilted tote, all bearing the UWindsor logo—donated by the alumni affairs office.