There is no better way to raise the University of Windsor’s profile than engaging its students to help the community become stronger, president Alan Wildeman said in announcing the recipients of the 2017 Clark Awards — 18 local agencies that offer placement experiences for UWindsor students.
The Clark Award, established in 1994, honours the late Charles J. Clark, former Chancellor of the University of Windsor. It recognizes outstanding service of both alumni volunteers and friends of the University who have made significant commitments in time, energy and expertise to increase the profile and reputation of the University.
“This year, the University is recognizing organizations in Windsor-Essex who are engaging our students to help them in their mission to create a better life for children and youth,” Dr. Wildeman wrote in a letter to the recipients. “The work that these organizations are doing, and that our University students are helping them with, is vitally important to the future of so many young people and their families.”
The organizations to be honoured this year are:
- Aboriginal Child Resource Centre
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Windsor Essex
- Bulimia Anorexia Nervosa Association
- Can-Am Indian Friendship Centre
- Community University Partnership
- Drouillard Place
- Family Respite Services Windsor-Essex
- John McGivney Children’s Centre
- Leadership Advancement for Women and Sport
- Maryvale Adolescent and Family Services
- Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County
- Run for Rocky
- Sandwich Teen Action Group
- The Summit Centre for Preschool Children with Autism
- United Way Centraide Windsor-Essex County, for its On Track for Success and Hon. Edward Ducharme Summer Lunch programs
- Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society
- Windsor Women Working with Immigrant Women
- Windsor Youth Centre
The awards will be presented during a celebratory dinner Wednesday, May 17, at 6 p.m. in the Ambassador Auditorium, CAW Student Centre. Tickets are $75, available through special events manager Mary-Ann Rennie at email@example.com or 519-973-7059.