The Office of Research and Innovation Services invites nominations of student researchers demonstrating leadership in equity, diversity, and inclusion for four awards of $500 each.
Among the considerations for the Student Leadership Award for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Research are:
- Conducting research that increases of topics such as inclusiveness, anti-racism, accessibility, Indigenization, and social justice causes;
- Leading peers through on-campus or virtual activities that support the pursuit of EDI goals;
- Connecting research to diverse communities through education, outreach, and engagement;
- Acting as a role model to peers by integrating EDI practices into research environments;
- Incorporating research methodologies that include EDI principles;
- Contributing to a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive research environment within the UWindsor campus community.
These are just some examples — EDI principles and practices abound on campus, and ORIS welcomes all nominations that highlight great things being accomplished by students.