Mar 15th, 2022
In a message sent Monday to faculty and staff, Human Resources shares tips for healthy use of social media:
- Evaluate your “why.” If you are spending a lot of time on social media, reflect on the reasons. Understanding the “why” is the first step towards finding healthier ways to meet your needs.
- Pay attention to your emotions. Your emotions say a lot about how you are being impacted by social media. Pay attention to the messages that you are being exposed to online and avoid those that cause negative thoughts and emotions.
- Tailor your experience to be uplifting. Be intentional about what you click on. Choose uplifting posts to begin changing the stream of content in your social media channels.
- Limit your time on social media. Think about adding an activity to your day such as reading or going out for a walk, or a new hobby to lessen the temptation to be online.
- Try a social media detox. Consider muting social media apps on your devices for a week and assess your results at the end.