An information session Wednesday, April 6, will educate undergraduate students in any discipline about creative writing classes at the University of Windsor.
Professor Susan Holbrook and graduate teaching assistant Anna Karch will host the in-person event “How to Prepare and Submit an ENGL-2710 Portfolio Application” at 1 p.m. in room 254, Dillon Hall.
Students interested in joining the creative writing major stream — or simply interested in taking one or two creative writing courses during their undergraduate years — will benefit from: background on the program’s varied courses, meeting other creative students, and getting a jump on next year’s application.
The hosts invite students to bring their questions regarding:
- how students gain admission into creative writing classes;
- what professors expect in 2710;
- how to prepare a portfolio;
- what range of courses are offered every year;
- overview of weekly classes in creative writing;
- what sorts of writing students will look at and critique;
- how to critique during a workshop seminar; and
- creative writing enrichment beyond the workshop classes.