Apr 8th, 2022
The Department of Athletics and Recreational Services honoured the hard work and dedication of its student staff Wednesday at the Blue & Gold Student Staff Appreciation Luncheon.
The event highlighted all areas within the department, including the St. Denis Centre, Lancer Recreation, aquatics, student managers and therapists, and the varsity home event staff.
Following lunch, the department announced the winners of the Student Staff Awards:
- St. Denis Centre Employee of the Year – KayCyn Hernandez and Nick Scali
- Lancer Recreation Employee of the Year – Bri Davis
- Intramurals Employee of the Year – Francesco Barile
- Fitness Employee of the Year – Jade Samping
- Outstanding Customer Service Award – Carly Shultz
- Instructional Award – Zoe Keplan
- Dave West Student Manager of the Year – Jared Garon, men’s basketball
- Bill Mitchell Student Therapist of the Year – Katherine Carter and Carah Ekins
- Lancer Home Events Employee of the Year – Kaitlynn Robinson
- Lancer Leader Award – Andrea Parr, Megan Lozinski, Connor Sykes, Mackenzie Elliott, Kevin Abby, Brooke Davis, and Zion Webb
- Rick Mallat ARS Student Employee of the Year – Rachel Stone