Don’t be alarmed should you happen to notice some young aspiring witches and wizards on campus this week. The Faculty of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences is running a Harry Potter themed summer camp for children aged 7 to 12.
The magical adventure, organized in partnership with Lancer Summer Camps, promises an experience filled with creativity, friendship, and the joy of exploring magic, wonder, and imagination through a range of disciplines. Whether they’re budding actors, talented painters, passionate writers, or creative dreamers, there’s something extraordinary waiting for campers at FAHSS Academy.
Students will strengthen their Hogwarts application through such activities and workshops as:
- Drama — Go behind the scenes and create a magic wand in the prop shop, design a button for your wizard cape in the costume shop, and enjoy drama games on a real theatre stage.
- Visual arts — Create wizard-inspired masterpieces using varied media, painting, drawing, and colouring.
- Creative writing — Explore the realm of magical storytelling and embark on your own literary adventures. Write and create a potion that you will take home to the muggle world with you.
- Music — Let the rhythm and melodies of the wizarding world guide your footsteps. You will become the conductor and your wand will tap along to the music.
- Film — See how Harry Potter was created through images on a green screen, be inspired in a real studio space filled with cameras, lights, and action.
- Quidditch — Experience the thrill of the most beloved sport in the wizarding world.
The faculty’s recruitment and outreach co-ordinator, Sheri Lowrie, says she is excited to welcome young Potter enthusiasts.
“Through a fusion of arts and the magic of the wizarding world, this camp will ignite the spark of inspiration within every camper, leaving them with lifelong memories and a renewed passion for the arts,” she says. “Let the journey begin, and the magic of creativity guide us all.”
This week is the first of two offerings this summer. There is still space in the second, which runs Aug. 21 to 25. Register through the Lancer Camps website.