University of Windsor Students

Students enrolled in other University of Windsor programs may change their major to Disability Studies.

In this program, students learn the basics of academic writing, social justice, psychology and social work that provide the foundation for the Disability Studies program.

For more information on please visit our Disability Studies Programs page.

If you wish to speak with an Academic Advisor please contact the Disability Studies Secretary
Phone: 519-253-3000 ext. 3064

Program Transfers

A student who wishes to transfer to a new program may apply on UWinsite Student. All program transfers and conditions for transfer are subject to the approval of the Dean in accordance with regulations established by the Faculty into which the student wishes to transfer.

  1. Normally a student who has a cumulative G.P.A. of 5.0 or greater in the previous program, and who meets the admission requirements of the intended program will be permitted to transfer and credit will be granted for all courses completed that apply to the intended program.
  2. If a student has been required to withdraw from a program, the student normally will be considered for admission to the new intended program on the same basis as students who have been required to withdraw from the program.
  3. All courses that are transferable, whether passed or failed, will be considered in calculating both the cumulative and major averages (where appropriate) in the new program.

Transfer to another program is based on academic achievement and the availability of space.

Contact Disability Studies

The University of Windsor
School of Social Work

167 Ferry Street
Second Floor, Room 205
Windsor, Ontario N9A 0C5

Phone: 519-253-3000, Ext. 3064
Fax: 519-973-7036