519-253-3000 ext. 2626
Office: 2177 CEI
- Ph.D., The University of Windsor, 1980
- M.A.Sc., The University of Windsor, 1974
- B.A.Sc., The University of Windsor, 1971
- Dip. Mech. Tech., St. Clair College, Windsor, 1968
- Numerical and experimental modelling of micro-scale Ranque-Hilsch (Vortex) tubes to improve their cooling performance
- Studies of unsteady supersonic jet flows in industrial applications and fluidic devices
- Modelling of and non-moving part fluidic devices
- Synthetic jets and vortex ring flows and their applications
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Physical Society (APS)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Karimi M., Jodoin B, Rankin GW, 2012, Shock-wave Induced Spraying: Gas and Particle Flow and Coating Analysis. Surface and Coatings Technology. 207: 435-442.
- Lin, F., Rankin, G.W., 2011, An Efficient Numerical Model To Determine Synthetic Jet Ejector Performance, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings, 1389, 139-142, doi:10.1063/1.3636689.
- Hamoudi, A.F., Fartaj, A. and Rankin, G.W., 2008, Performance Characteristics of a Micro-scale Ranque-Hilsch Vortex Tube, Journal of Fluids Engineering, 130, 10, 8 pages.
- Kergourlay, G., Kouidri, S., Rankin, G.W. and Rey, R., 2006, Experimental Investigation of the 3D Unsteady Flow Field Downstream of Axial Fans, Journal of Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, 17 (5), 303-314.
- Fackrell, S., M. Mastroianni and G.W. Rankin, 2003, Model of the Filling of an Automotive Fuel Tank, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 38, 519-532.