The Independent Practicum is offered through Continuing Education at the University of Windsor and aims to support individuals completing an accredited TESOL program by providing a practicum placement.
The Practicum includes both, observation and teaching hours in the English Language Improvement Program (ELIP), the English for academic purpose pathway to the University of Windsor.
Observation and teaching sessions are accompanied with in-depth feedback sessions to optimize teaching skills.
- Individuals pursuing a TESOL Diploma through a recognized institution and requiring a Practicum placement to fulfill the diploma requirements of their program.
- Individuals who have completed the required coursework of the TESOL Diploma program.
- Proof of coursework completion (transcript and official course outlines).
- Confirmation from the TESOL Diploma provider institution that the Independent Practicum will fulfill the program’s Practicum requirements.
- 30 Observation hours of English for Academic Purposes classes (three English language proficiency levels).
- 20 Teaching hours in one English for Academic Purpose level.
- Regular feedback sessions
- Formative evaluation
- Final evaluation
Practicum supervisor and mentor information will be provided at the beginning of the program.
Winter 2020: Coming Soon
Intersession 2020: Coming Soon
Fall 2020: Coming Soon
The Independent Practicum fee of $650 includes:
- $150 - Non-refundable Registration Fee
- $500 - Practicum fee
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and put "Independent Practicum" as the email subject.