The Custodial Services Department may be reached at extension 2480 or 2850.
Custodial and event set-up services are provided by the Custodial Division (through a permanent and part-time staff organized into a decentralized model) in order to clean, sanitize and perform set-up functions so students, faculty staff and visitors to the University of Windsor can enjoy a clean, safe environment.
The tasks and schedules are based on standards set by the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers (APPA).
The operation is a 24/7 function with staff working day, afternoon, night and weekend shifts.
Custodial staff are responsible for a variety of services based on the APPA cleaning standards.
Our vision is to be a high-performance team of empowered cleaning professionals providing custodial services to the students, faculty, staff, users and visitors in a timely manner and environmentally responsible fashion that supports the educational atmosphere of the University of Windsor.
- Custodial cleaning of all spaces
- Waste removal from buildings
- Pest control and monitoring
- Locking and unlocking of exterior doors
- Respond to emergencies such as flood and plugged toilets.
- Clean restricted areas upon request.
- Set up and break down during events
- Table and chair delivery (within buildings)
Fee For Service
The following services are provided upon request (fee for service):
- Special project/event cleaning such as exams, graduation, weddings, etc.
- Set-up on non-University events
- Special request for cleaning above the standard.
- Washrooms/shower rooms/locker areas
- Eating areas
- High traffic public circulation spaces
- Building entrances
- Teaching labs and classrooms
- Low traffic circulation areas
- Loading docks
- Floor maintenance - as required