Due to increased volume of mail / packages at this time of the year there may be some delays in having the mail delivered or collection of outgoing mail to all departments. This will equally apply for the downtown locations. Should there be any date/time sensitive mail outbound or expected, that we request the departments to advise us at least few days in advance by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling in at ext. 2017 or 2850.
Maintenance building across from Key Control2601 Union Street
The office may be reached by calling 519-253-3000, extension 2017.
We no longer use Express Post
Over 500 grams, mail sent through any courier services
- Small domestic envelope up to 30 grams $0.89
- Large domestic envelope up to 50 grams $1.30
- Small USA envelope up to 30 grams $1.30
- Large USA envelope up to 50 grams $1.94
- Small International envelope up to 30 grams $2.71
- Large International envelope up to 50 grams $3.88
- USA 500 grams $15.00
- Canada/Ontario 500 grams $6.00
- International 500 grams $25.00
Rates are approximate as per published on the Canada Post website.
Distribution Services is open Monday through Friday from 1:45 p.m. to 3:50 p.m, for pick up parcels and courier services.
Phone calls are answered from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and from 1:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
All outside mail is received from the Downtown Post Office at approximately 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. The mail is then sorted and delivered with the inter-office mail. Please note that Canada Post picks up all outgoing mail at 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Personal mail and personal courier packages are not to be placed in interoffice campus mail, we ask you to place a prepaid postage stamp on the package and bring to distribution services.
- All departmental outgoing mail requires the department name on the envelope in order to be mailed out.
- PO Box addresses not accepting any courier services (only Express Post). Express Post is not available for usage.
- Receiving mail or courier packages should have a departmental name and account number on it.
- For large mass mailings, please notify Distribution Services approximately 2-4 days ahead of the pick up date.
- All courier services receipts are sent to Accounts Payable for processing. Photocopy receipt before sending to Distribution Services for your records.
- If you need interoffice envelopes and/or courier supplies, please send email to distribution staff.
An inter-university mail service (correspondence only) to other Ontario universities is available through the Mailroom at no charge.
Mail is picked up daily, Monday to Friday at the Leddy Library, only if the amount of mail being forwarded to a particular institution warrants a shipment. IUTS mail should be bundled and appropriately labelled, along with other campus mail.
Courier Services Available
Recommended Courier Services for outgoing mail are UPS and Purolator, for the US and Canada.
Recommended Courier Services for international shipments into Canada are UPS and FedEx.
Customs form for declaration for exporting must be attached for US and International courier.
For Canada and US Couriers Purolator Courier Information for Department (PDF format) and to open an account with Purolator Courier Quick Start Guide
For International Couriers DHL Information for Department (PDF format)
For Canada and US Couriers UPS Services (please contact ext. 2016, 2017 or 2019 for user id and password login).
For step by step instructions for creating an online UPS shipment, please click here.
For Canada and US Couriers FedEx (need to contact Rajeev Chawla at ext. 2854 to open a new account).
Should a department have a large mailing (ie, envelopes, pamphlets, circulars, etc), please advise Distribution Services as far in advance as possible to ensure that sufficient postage is on hand. Also, please ensure that all envelopes are sealed and facing in the same direction (ie, letterhead and address facing the same way).
All courier pick up times are set from 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm daily.
For US and International Parcels, you must fill out a Customs Form Here. For detailed information regarding importing and customs clearances, visit https://www.uwindsor.ca/finance/customs or contact email@example.com
For more information regarding customs clearance, contact Evelyn St. Pierre, University Customs Clerk at ext. 2083.
The departmental name and building must be included on all incoming shipments.
The departmental name and return address must be included on all outgoing mail.
Please note that all mail must be sorted, bundled and sealed in your department as follows:
- Campus Mail (interoffice)
When addressing campus mail, please include:
- the name of the intended recipient
- their faculty/department
- the building name and room number
Please use scotch tape to seal the envelopes and not staples.
If you have a large quantity of outgoing mail to be picked up (i.e. 4 or more bins), please call ext. 2017, 2016 or 2019 to arrange a special pick-up.
US & International Orders Shipping/Delivery Information
International orders that cannot be shipped directly to campus can be shipped to the US warehouse. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for warehouse details. All shipments from outside of Canada require specific documentation, details for which can be found here: https://www.uwindsor.ca/finance/customs
Recycling of Batteries and Toners
Dispose of used batteries and/or cartridge toners by bringing to the Chemical Control Centre for recycling located in Room B-37C Essex Hall.