Maintenance Services is located at 2601 Union and may be reached at extension 2850 or via email at email@example.com.
Hours of operation for Maintenance Services
- Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Hours of operation for Shipping and Receiving
- Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Maintenance Services is responsible for:
- the operation of building systems
- preservation of building structures
- plumbing and electrical services to campus
- fire protection systems
- technical support services to all departments
- responding to requests for minor alterations and renovations to existing spaces.
- overseeing the servicing and repair of all elevators on campus.
The staff in Maintenance Services provide the following services:
- shipping & receiving
- inventory / key control
The central work order Maintenance Management System is coordinated from the Maintenance building on Union Street. All work order requests, including air quality and refrigeration problems, should be directed to this department for input and tracking by the Maintenance Management System.
The department also operates a computer-based Preventative Maintenance Program under which buildings (including residences and ancillary), their systems and equipment are regularly inspected, tested and serviced. In addition, outside service providers may be brought in to work on roof repairs, some types of glazing, concrete work. and other work which may be outside the normal scope of the in-house staff.
Routine repairs/maintenance of existing structures is funded through Maintenance Services. All other requests to change, alter or renovate areas are the responsibility of the requisitioning department to cover all associated costs.