The Student Life Enhancement Fund supports co-curricular activities that enhance student engagement and the student experience. Requests are considered from any recognized student group, club, or registered student. Successful requests support activities or events that contribute to the enhancement of student life, the campus community, and the larger Windsor-Essex community.
What are the funding guidelines?
- Sponsorship funds are primarily intended to support enrichment opportunities on campus.
- Learning outcomes and benefits to individual students, the campus community, and the larger Windsor-Essex community must be clearly articulated in the proposal.
- Conference attendance may be considered if the results benefit the campus community, not just the student(s) who attend.
- Students applying with a group must apply as a team.
- There is no guarantee of receipt of funding for projects that were awarded funds in previous year(s).
- Applications for sponsorship must include a complete budget and other sources of funding must be identified.
What are the event eligibility guidelines?
- All projects, activities, and events must be co-curricular in nature.
- Funds can only be accessed one time per year per individual or student group.
- Activities must meet University of Windsor Policy and Procedures criteria (e.g. Risk Management, Human Rights).
- Activities in support of fundraising for third party organizations or external charities are not eligible.
- Funding is not available to support continued operating expenses of existing programs.
- Applications are not considered where funding is requested for the purchase of alcohol.
What are the potential funding levels?
- Individual student sponsorship requests will be considered to a maximum of $500.
- Social events will be considered to a maximum of $500.
- Group or club sponsorship requests will be considered to a maximum of $1000.
- Unique initiatives with significant university-wide impact may be considered for funding beyond these levels.
What is the application procedure for the student or group?
- Students must complete the SLEF Online Application. Applications must be received at least five weeks prior to the associated event or activity.
- Applicants may be required to meet with the Associate Vice-President, Student Experience as part of the application review process.
- Applicants are notified in writing of the committee’s decision.
To ensure an equitable review of requests, proposals are considered on the following basis during the review:
- The number of students and others benefiting or participating in the activity.
- The value to the student, the campus community, and the local community.
- The ability of individuals or groups to share the experience with the larger campus community for activities that are approved that take place off campus.
Students who are awarded sponsorships must submit receipts/invoices within three weeks after the event to the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Student Experience in order for payment to be processed.