The Offices of Academic and Student Success and Student Experience and Interdisciplinary Studies are responsible for undergraduate portfolio in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
What we do:
Office of Academic and Student Success
- Approve final grades at the end of each semester.
- Review course overload, course substitution, late voluntary withdrawal, course repetition, grade appeals and aegrotat standing requests.
- Review applications for undergraduate program changes for those on academic probation.
- Assist first-year FAHSS students with their transition from high school to university.
- Monitor the academic progress of first-year students.
- Advise students about academic regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Audit academic degrees to track student's progress towards graduation.
- Administer and coordinate the student support initiatives.
- Review the academic standing of all FAHSS students.
- Chair the Undergraduate Academic Standing Committee.
- Provide education and resources to help promote student success.
Contact Person: Dr. Danielle Soulliere, Associate Dean, Academic and Student Success
Office of Student Experience and Interdisciplinary Studies
- Investigate academic misconduct cases.
- Provide education and resources to help promote academic integrity.
- Oversee the student experience in FAHSS.
- Faciliate leadership and mentorship programs.
- Faciliate engagement programs and initiatives.
- Develop, coordinate and implement experiential learning opportunities.
- Oversee the interdisciplinary studies programs in FAHSS.
Contact Person: Dr. Jill Singleton-Jackson, Associate Dean, Student Experience and Interdisciplinary Studies