The Office of the Associate Dean, Academic and Student Success is responsible for the undergraduate portfolio within the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
What we do:
- Approve final grades at the end of each semester.
- Review course overload, course substitution, late voluntary withdrawal, course repetition, grade appeals and aegrotat standing requests.
- Review applications for undergraduate program changes for those on academic probation.
- Assist first-year FAHSS students with their transition from high school to university.
- Monitor the academic progress of first-year students.
- Advise students about academic regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Audit academic degrees to track student's progress towards graduation.
- Administer and coordinate the student experience initiatives.
- Promote mental health and wellness across FAHSS.
- Facilitate student engagement initiatives and programs.
- Review the academic standing of all FAHSS students.
- Chair the Undergraduate Academic Standing Committee.
- Investigate academic misconduct cases.