The Office of the Associate Dean, Academic and Student Success is responsible for the undergraduate portfolio within the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
What we do:
- Approve final grades at the end of each semester.
- Accept/Decline course overload, course substitution, late voluntary withdraw, grade appeals, and aegrotat standing requests.
- Approve of undergraduate program changes (with the exception of third year Social Work).
- Monitor the academic progress of first-year students.
- Advise students about academic regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Audit academic degrees to track student's progress towards graduation.
- Administer and coordinate the student success initiatives (Reach Peer Advising, Pathway to Academic and Student Success, PASS+, LEAD Scholars).
- Review the academic standing of all FAHSS students.
- Participate and chair the Undergraduate Academic Standing Committee.
- Investigate academic misconduct cases.