The LEAD Medallion Scholars program recognizes undergraduate students in good standing who have excelled within and beyond the classroom. In order to earn a medallion, recipients will have demonstrated Leadership, Engagement, Application and Discovery during their time in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Windsor.
- Leadership through peer mentoring and campus involvement.
- Engagement through service learning, study abroad, or other outreach activities.
- Application through internship, practicum, or other hands-on activities related to your field of study.
- Discovery through undergraduate research or creative pursuits.
Through the LEAD Medallion Scholars, you can receive either a bronze, silver or gold medal based on how many of the LEAD categories you completed. Each activity can only count towards one area of LEAD. For a course to be considered, you must have obtained a minimum of a 70% in that course.
If you have any questions relating to the LEAD Medallion Scholars program, please email email@example.com.
To find out what activity or course qualifies for LEAD Scholars, please click here.
LEAD Scholars Hall of Fame.
*NEW: GOING THE EXTRA MILE (GEM) LEAD SCHOLARS
Starting in Spring 2022, the Dean's Office will be rewarding 3 GEM LEAD Scholar Awards annually to 1 art student, 1 humanity student and 1 social science student in FAHSS.
To be eligible for the award, students must ...
- Complete a minimum of 10 LEAD-accredited courses/activities, in which 4 must be one from each category of LEAD.
- Write an essay on what is it means to be an Engaged Leader.
- Provide 2 reference letters.