Welcome to the Office of the Associate Dean, Student Experience and Interdisciplinary Studies in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (FAHSS)!
What we do:
- Developing and supporting experiential learning opportunities.
- Managing student leadership and mentorship initiatives for undergraduate students.
- Coordinating student engagement initiatives within and outside of the classrooms.
- Collaborating with the Society of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Assisting academic administrative units (AAUs) with new program development.
- Liaising with AAUs and departmental student ambassadors on recruitment activities.
- Providing education and resources to help promote academic integrity.
- Investigating academic misconduct cases.
- Faciliating transfer agreements with colleges and other universities for FAHSS.
- Overseeing the interdisciplinary studies programs in FAHSS.
A message from the Associate Dean, Student Experience and Interdisciplinary Studies
Welcome to the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (FAHSS) for 2021-2022! I am Dr. Jill Singleton-Jackson, and I am the acting Associate Dean, Student Experience and Interdisciplinary Studies. I am very excited about this year, and I know you are too! COVID-19 has been a challenge for all of us in so many ways, but I assure you that FAHSS has been preparing for months to provide a great educational experience for our new students and our returning students. The University and FAHSS are here to support your educational and personal goals with many exciting opportunities. Take the time to explore the information and resources on this webpage and on your major department website. The more you know about what is available for you, the more fun you will have!
Your years in university will be filled with many important memorable moments. You will find opportunities for personal growth, relationsips, and discovery. I hope that you will be open and take advantages of these many ways you can learn and grow as a student and as an individual. The more that you engage with your experience here, the more you will get out of it.
As you begin or continue your education here in Windsor, know that your professors, advisors, administrators, and staff are here to help you. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with your academic planning of with navigating student life. We are always happy to have the chance to get to know our students and help them achieve their goals.
Have a wonderful year!
Dr. Jill Singleton-Jackson, PhD
Associate Dean, Student Experience and Interdisciplinary Studies
Professor, Department of Psychology