Please refer to the ask.uwindsor.ca for all Winter term 2021 info articles.
- FAQs for instructors and students are available on the COVID-19 website: www.uwindsor.ca/coronavirus/303/coronavirus-faq
- Review the Winter term 2021 important dates for graduate students.
All courses and final exams will be offered primarily in an online format for Winter 2021. If your courses are online, you will not need to come to campus in Winter 2021. For everyone’s safety, exceptions are being kept to a minimum. You will be able to see when you register whether any of your courses are face-to-face, and we are anticipating very few on campus courses for graduate students. For thesis and dissertation courses, access to facilitities will fall under the University's plan for the resumption of research activity. Please refer to the ask.uwindsor.ca article on graduate research.
The Winter 2021 validation period will open Monday, November 2, 2019 for all students.
The validation period is when students can start planning their classes and adding them to their Shopping Cart in UWinsite Student (so long as they are eligible).
The validation period is also when the list of classes offered in the Winter 2021 term will be close to complete. The tentative Winter 2021 timetables are available on the Office of the Registrar website. This timetable, however, can change right up until the start of classes based on information provided by Faculties so it is recommended students keep checking.
The Winter 2021 registration period will open Monday, November 9, 2020. Registration is when students can enrol in their classes through UWinsite Student.
As in previous semesters, students will be assigned an enrolment appointment time based on their program and level of study. An enrolment appointment time is when a student can start to register in classes through UWinsite Student.
Attached you will find the Winter 2021 Registration Appointment Schedule. Students, however, should check in UWinsite Student for their specific enrolment appointment time. This ask.UWindsor article outlines the steps for a student to find their enrolment appointment time.
There are several resources available to help students register in courses:
Please use or share these resources when assisting your students.
SWAP: AN IMPORTANT REMINDER
In UWinsite Student, a student is automatically enrolled from a waitlisted class, but how they set it up depends on their course load. SWAP is the correct way of getting onto a waitlist if a student is enrolling in a full course load. This ask.UWindsor article outlines waitlist scenarios as well as when and how to properly use the SWAP function.
Refer to the resources for international students on ask.UWindsor.ca for information on a variety of topics.
Online learning resources
Please contact the graduate support staff or graduate coordinator for your program. They will be identified on the program homepage.
The physical office in Chrysler Hall tower is not currently open. Our staff however are working remotely. You may reach us for all inquiries at the Faculty of Graduate Studies contacts.
Transcripts are due before the end of your first term of registration. Please consult your offer letter. Digital transcripts can be sent to email@example.com
Some Graduate/Teaching Assistants may be required to be on campus to support class activities (e.g., lab demonstration). In these situations there will be no face-to-face interaction with students and appropriate physical distancing will be practiced.
Graduate/ Teaching Assistantships that involve face-to-face responsibilities will be identified accordingly in position postings.
Assistants in online courses can have a number of roles in supporting the course, just as they can in on-campus courses including marking some of the assessments, answering questions, running tutorials and office hours. Your instructor will set the specific tasks your GAs or TAs will undertake in the course.
If you already have a study or work permit and a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) you are eligible to apply for postings for which you are qualified. If your SIN has expired please contact Human Resources directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GATA Network workshops are periodically offered to graduate assistants and teaching assistants in all departments - view current workshops.
- Information on the GATA Network workshops, office hours and contact information is posted on the Wiki site under "GATA Support"
- Virtual Drop-in: the GATA Network is hosting virtual drop-in office hours to help support GAs/TAs in their transition to supporting online teaching. Drop-in office hours are currently on-going. Access to virtual office hours through BlackBoard Collaborate at this link: https://ca.bbcollab.com/guest/7993944146824cda8e24e344d6dd2115
- Individual Meetings through GATA Network: Individual meetings can be arranged for those who cannot attend the pre-set office hours. To set-up an individual meeting please email the GATA Network Coordinators, Laura Chittle (email@example.com) or Elizabeth Ismail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com.
- Using the Virtual Classroom (Blackboard Collaborate Ultra) - recorded session
- Review resources for new GAs and TAs.
- Review online learning resources for students.