Before Convocation: Please note that you must apply to graduate
1. Apply to graduate, please log on to Uwinsite Student
When:If you are eligible to apply to graduate for Fall 2021 Convocation, please see the Applying to Graduate web page for the no-fee deadline and the late application deadline. If you apply during the late application period, a non-refundable, non-transferable fee will be charged (See Registrarial Service Fees for Applying After the Deadline Late fee). No applications to graduate will be accepted after the late application deadline found on the Applying to Graduate web page.
Choose “Summer 2021" as your Expected Graduation Term as this is the term in which you will complete your degree requirements. After you have applied to graduate, it is recommended that you check your graduation eligibility status in UWinsite Student regularly, as applications are being evaluated on an ongoing basis.
The degree checkout will not take place if you do not apply to graduate.
2. Check your name as it appears in UWinsite Student under your primary name
For your correct name to appear on your diploma/certificate and in the Convocation program, it must be received by the Update Name deadline.
To make changes to your official name, you must request the change by emailing the Convocation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a scanned copy of the appropriate supporting documentation (ie. birth certificate, passport).
If you send your request after the deadline date, you will have to order and pay for a replacement diploma.
3. Update your MAILING address on your UWinsite Student profile
Update Mailing Address on your UWinsite Student profile by the Update Mailing Address deadline.
To update your address in UWinsite Student, follow the steps below:
1. On the Student Homepage, click the Profile tile.
2. In the left navigation menu, click Addresses.
3. Change your Home Address (permanent address) and/or your Mailing Address (address while attending UWindsor).
- NOTE: If you are living in Residence at UWindsor, your Residence address will be pre-populated and cannot be updated by you in UWinsite Student. Information on Residence mailing addresses can be found here.
Please note: You will need to update your mailing address in UWinsite Student to ensure your diploma is sent to your permanent address.
For steps on how to set up your student profile, please visit this article.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the move to a virtual Fall 2021 ceremony, all diplomas will be couriered to graduates. To ensure you receive your parchment, it is important that your address is current and complete.
Please ensure your address is accurate, complete and follows these guidelines:
- Address: does not include a P.O. Box; includes a Buzzer code for your building (if required); includes a telephone number local to the delivery address
- Deliveries are made during regular business hours. Please check that the address selected meets this requirement
4. Set up your Graduation Slide for the virtual ceremony
To participate in the University of Windsor’s virtual Convocation this fall, please complete the steps below before the Graduate Slide set-up deadline. You must email email@example.com if you do not want your name read during your Fall 2021 Convocation ceremony.
You will receive an email to your uwin account with instructions to set your password and will be directed to Marching Order, an independent third-party contractor providing additional services in connection with your convocation ceremony. You may elect to register and provide the information needed to create a personalized slide to be displayed during your convocation ceremony.
- Create your password.
- Log in and complete the registration process.
- You may return to the site anytime by going to the Login Page and using your email address:
- Create your personalized graduation slide
- Add a photo of yourself - graduation themed is encouraged! (.jpg or .png files only; max file size in 5MB)
- Add a personalized message to your family & friends (150 characters max)
- Provide the phonetic pronunciation of your name
- Provide the telephone number where we can reach you. Within three minutes of submitting your telephone number, you will receive a call where you will be asked to say your name two times.
- First, say your name clearly, at a normal conversation speed.
- Then repeat your name slowly, emphasizing any special pronunciations.
- After you finish, hit pound (#).
- You will hear your recording.
- Press 1 to accept your recording OR Press 2 to record again.
- Wait until you hear "Thank You," then hang up.
- Do not forget to press the Submit button online. If you do not hit the submit button, your recording may not be saved.
As a reminder, Fall 2021 Convocation includes 2 sessions. All sessions will be streamed on the University’s website and housed there for future viewing.
We look forward to celebrating your accomplishments with you, your family, and friends.