The University of Windsor is a comprehensive, student-focused university with more than 16,000 students enrolled in a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs including several professional schools such as: Law, Business, Engineering, Education, Nursing, Human Kinetics and Social Work. UWindsor has strong student-faculty relationships, exceptional award-winning faculty and innovative staff. Enabling people to make a better world through education, scholarship, research and engagement” is the mission of the University of Windsor.
The Office of Enrolment Management is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and experienced individual for the position of Digital Communications Developer, to assist in raising the profile and awareness of the University of Windsor to attract and support students, through digital marketing and communication initiatives. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding opportunity as a Digital Communications Developer, we encourage you to put forth your candidacy.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Digital Communications Developer will help raise the profile and awareness of the University to attract and support students through digital and communication initiatives. The incumbent will support all aspects of the University’s future student communications experience to ensure that communications at all stages of the recruitment and admission cycle are on brand, consistent and engaging.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. Business and Computer science, Information Management Systems, or Computer Science) or a similar relevant discipline as determined by the Department plus, 1 year of direct web design and/or front-end web development experience; or College diploma in a related field (i.e. web design, web development, interaction design & development, etc.) or a similar relevant discipline as determined by the Department plus, 3 years of direct web design and/or front-end web development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice in web-based marketing communications, including web usability, accessibility, cross-browser compatibility, optimization, and user experience
- Experience of working in a role requiring front-end development as well as some basic back-end server-side programming
- Experience designing, developing or generating digital graphics
- Experience in website development using a content management system such as Drupal, Eloqua or a comparable system
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Experience using analytics to aid improvement
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work as part of a team or independently, including with both technical and functional teams
- Proficiency with commonly used internet, communication, and related computer applications including Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
- Awareness of marketing related legal guidelines, such as data protection, copyright, AODA, CASL or GDPR
- Awareness of digital marketing trends and search engine optimization
- Experience of working with CRM systems to support marketing activities
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher or equivalent reporting solution to author, coordinate, and deliver reports and documents
- Experience of implementing brand guidelines
- Awareness of accessibility standards