The Office Coordinator, EPICentre supports the administrative, financial and reception activities of the EPICentre.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Director including handling phone calls and emails, preparing correspondences. Schedules meetings, room bookings, prepares agendas, distributes materials and takes minutes as required.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations and organizes other presentation materials for EPICentre
- Maintains CRM system, Salesforce, including data organization, entries, queries and report generation
- Provides general administrative support to EPICentre’s staff and members such as setting up IT access through ITS, approving key access requests, and troubleshooting building maintenance issues
- Administers the hiring process for student and non-student research assistants and research associates, including completing RA appointment form and payroll and oversees the work of Ignite students.
- Gathers and synthesizes information from a variety of sources, including liaising for reporting purposes with internal and external stakeholders on a quarterly basis.
- Monitors, tracks and reconciles all financial (budget to actual) related matters through the Universities financial system (FIS) on a regular basis.
- Liaises with various university departments in order to effectively administer all billings, collections, purchasing of supplies, and payroll issues.
- Performs the financial functions for the Centre including: processing cheque requisitions and purchase orders, preparation of invoices, follow-up of payments to the Centre, prepare and submit JE entries as required
- Organizes travel, prepares travel expense forms and other expense claims
- Provides front line reception to guests and visitors. Maintains guests log and ensures no unauthorized individuals in the area
- Assists with the coordination of a variety of interdisciplinary events, including open houses, workshops, information sessions. Assists with hospitality (parking arrangements and food and beverage service) for events including set-up and take-down of events
- Coordinates special events as needed and attends EPICentre events and programs in order to assist Director(s) as required.
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree* or diploma in Business Administration
• Previous experience in an administrative support capacity within an office environment
• Experience maintaining financial records and budgetary matters, including previous experience with a computerized accounting system (ie UWinsite Finance)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and in particular the ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task particularly in a fast-pace and changing environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent analytical skills as it relates to the financial reporting duties of the position
• Ability to take initiative and work independently; excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Minute taking experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), calendaring and experience with database management; Typing 40 NWPM
• Ability and willingness to travel to the United States and work occasional evenings and weekends
*Persons who do not possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a Business related field but who have significant experience related to the requirements of this position may apply, but will be considered bona fide candidates solely at the discretion of the EPI Centre.
• Knowledge of organizational structure of the University of Windsor
• Knowledge of EPICentre
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM
• Entrepreneurial background
THE FOLLOWING TESTS WILL BE ADMINISTERED:
MS Word (Advanced), Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint (Basic), Typing, Accounting Test (65%)
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm