Employment Group List:
Job Posting Number:
20/09/2021 - 4:00pm
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Residence Life Coordinator assists and works collaboratively with the Team Leader, Residence Life in the development and administration of the Residence Life Program establishing a vibrant residence community by providing support, guidance, and direction to student staff for those students living within their residence communities.
**Please note: The Residence Life Coordinator will live on campus and work hours that include evenings and weekends. The incumbent will assume a regular on-call shift and adhere to conditions of being on call, including the expectation to be within 15 to 20 minutes proximity to the University when scheduled for on call.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree required preferably in psychology, sociology, social work, education, or related field as determined by the Department
• Minimum two years of previous living/working experience in a residence life environment.
• Experience overseeing staff/volunteers.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgement.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to motivate, engage and align staff and/or volunteers.
• Experience in mediating conflict and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience with developing and conducting training sessions/workshops.
• Ability to work a very flexible schedule, perform duties independently and within a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to set acceptable personal and professional boundaries while providing support, guidance, and direction to students & staff.
• Valid CPR/First Aid
• ASIST Certified
• Mental Health First Aid
Rate of Pay:
Classification "IV" per Schedule A of the Collective Agreement