The GLIER Administrative Assistant will contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of the Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research by supporting its administrative, financial, and outreach operations.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Assists with the general administrative duties of GLIER in consultation and/or collaboration with the Executive Director and/or Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director.
- Assists with student and grant-funded research personnel appointment and onboarding processes, including completion and submission of required forms, logistics, and orientation.
- Provides meeting support, including logistics, drafting and circulating meeting materials, and taking minutes as required.
- Assists with GLIER UWinsite processes, including generation/submission of journal entries, expense reports, and invoices as required.
- Assists with ongoing maintenance of the departmental websites and monitoring of GLIER’s online profile.
- Assists with promotion of GLIER and GLIER activities through various social media outlets.
- Assists in developing, maintaining, and distributing departmental promotional materials.
- Assists with the coordination of departmental events.
- Develops and maintains a GLIER alumni database.
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent occupational experience in an administrative environment
- Experience with diversity and issues arising from cultural differences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to draft high-quality correspondence
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Experience taking minutes
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgement
- Proven ability to exercise confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team player and independently
- Demonstrated proficiency with various computer software, including Microsoft Suite, Outlook, search engines, financial and student information systems, and website development programs; Typing 30 NWPM
- Familiarity with the structure, governance, faculty, and administrative units of the University of Windsor
- Familiarity with University of Windsor Faculty of Graduate Studies and Faculty of Science policies and procedures
- Familiarity with UWinsite Finance and UWinsite Student or compatible system
THE FOLLOWING TESTS WILL BE ADMINISTERED:
MS Word (Basic); MS Excel (Basic); Typing
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday - Thursday 8:30am – 2:00pm; Friday 8:30 - 12:30pm;
(Up to a maximum of 24 hrs per week – work schedule may vary)