HOURS OF WORK: 20 hours per week – nights
Monday & Tuesday – 7:30 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
Friday – 7:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Sunday – 7:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
(Up to a maximum of 24 hrs per week – work schedule may vary)
The incumbent contributes to the orderly maintenance of physical collections and facilities by shelving library materials in all formats, by shifting and weeding collections as required, and by reporting facilities issues to appropriate library personnel.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Maintaining the physical order of library collections by collecting, sorting and shelving library material according to the filing schemes in use.
- Maintaining a neat and orderly collection by re-arranging and weeding library material and forwarding deteriorating or damaged material as required or directed.
- Enforcing library policies as necessary.
- Assisting with closing procedures as required.
- Interacting with library staff to collect material and to ensure library material is correctly maintained and displayed on the shelves.
- Recording shelving statistics as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as part of a team
- Ability to lift books above shoulders and down to floor level
- Ability to carry books short distances
- Ability to push full book trucks as required