The University of Windsor is situated on the traditional territory of the Three Fires Confederacy of First Nations: the Ojibwa, the Odawa, and the Potawatomie.
The Distribution Services Clerk is responsible for assisting in the efficient operation of the mailroom and the overall Mail System.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Ensures the efficient operation of the metering equipment by obtaining daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports for all departmental charges. Records and balances business reply mail charges and postage meter charges by completing an online journal entry on FIS for all Distribution Services related charges.
- Ensures metering of outgoing mail for delivery by Canada Post as well as the completion of all forms and application of appropriate rates for various couriers.
- Delivers and pickups mail/packages on the assigned route and established schedule including recording all registered and priority courier mail by obtaining a signature from the departmental representative.
- Assist all mailroom personnel in the daily completion of assigned tasks by sorting and organizing shipments according to specific classifications of materials, checking for proper format and documentation for shipping destinations, and by the daily sorting of mail/boxes/packages.
- Search for missing addresses via the University’s electronic database systems and update as required.
- Provides back-up services during the absence of Distribution Service staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous working experience in distribution services area and/or familiarity with mailroom practices and procedures
- Completed Secondary School Education
- A valid class ‘G’ driving license and maintain it in good standing, as well as having a valid driver’s abstract and must be bondable
- Ability to lift packages up to 60lbs on a continual basis
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Experience working in a multi-building, geographical diverse setting
- Experience with the utilization of bar coding, scanning and electronic data collection.
THE FOLLOWING TESTS WILL BE ADMINISTERED:
MS Word (Basic level), MS Excel (Basic level)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills, along with the ability to deal with problems in a pragmatic and positive manner
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain flexibility as workloads fluctuate
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm