Employment Group List:
Unifor 2458 Full-Time
Internal and External
Job Posting Number:
01/02/2023 - 4:00pm
Temporary vacancy until approximately November 4, 2023
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial support to the Department of Continuing Education.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Assists with the Instructor application and hiring process by organizing confidential materials from applicants.
- Assists in preparing agenda for the Special Appointments Committee meeting and may take minutes of the meeting.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of contracts.
- Provides administrative support related to our Professional and Continuing Education programs including providing general information about course offerings and policies related to fees, payment, and refunds, facilitating registration, providing records/certificates of completion, and assisting in customer satisfaction surveys.
- Provides secretarial support including scheduling and maintaining the Executive Director(s)’ calendars, communicating information regarding meetings to partner faculties and departments.
- Performs finance functions including cash handling, credit and debit transactions, bank deposits, receipt generation and distribution.
- General reception – serves as front line staff, answers general phone line, receives visitors, orders office supplies and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary Degree, Diploma in Office Administration, or experience as it relates to the duties of the position
- Knowledge of the University’s organizational structure
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) Experience with the finance functions as related to the duties of the position
- Excellent interpersonal skills including experience with interacting with a wide range of students/faculty/administrators;
THE FOLLOWING TESTS WILL BE ADMINISTERED:
MS Word (Basic Level), Excel (Basic Level); Typing (30 NWPM)
- Ability to problem solve, thinking independently, and take initiative
- Ability to cope with deadlines and multi-task and ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Rate of Pay:
As per Schedule 'A' - Unifor 2458 FT Collective Agreement