Inviting Your Family to Canada

If you would like to invite your family members to visit/work/study in Canada while you are studying, you can provide the following documents to support their applications:

Letter of Invitation

Please note: in light of the pandemic, no Letters of Invitation for family members to attend Convocation ceremony can be generated at this time.

To invite your family members, you should provide your family with the following documents:

  • Letter of invitation
  • Proof of Identity: 
    • A photocopy of your passport
    • A photocopy of your study permit
    • A photocopy of your work permit (if applicable)
  • Proof of Student Status
    • Enrollment letter from the Registrar's Office
    • Transcript from the Registrar's Office
  • Proof of Financial Support (optional, only required if you will cover the invitee's expenses in Canada)

Visiting Canada

If your family members are required to have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada, they should prepare their application based on the requirements and instructions of the country from where they will apply.

Working in Canada

If you are a full-time international student, your spouse may be eligible to apply for an open work permit. Your spouse can apply for the work permit from overseas or inside Canada.

Studying in Canada

If your spouse and dependent children wish to attend educational institutions in Canada for more than six months, they can apply for a study permit from either overseas or inside Canada.