If you would like to invite your family members to visit/work/study in Canada while you are studying, you can provide the following documents to support their applications:
Letter of Invitation
To invite your family members, you should provide your family with the following documents:
- Letter of invitation
- You should draft the invitation yourself and make sure your letter includes all the required information. Read more about Letters of Invitation at the Government of Canada website.
- Proof of Identity:
- A photocopy of your passport
- A photocopy of your study permit
- A photocopy of your work permit (if applicable)
- Proof of Student Status
- Enrollment letter from the ask.uwindsor.ca
- Transcript from the uwinsite student portal
- Proof of Financial Support (optional, only required if you will cover the invitee's expenses in Canada)
If your family members are required to have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to enter Canada, they should prepare their application based on the requirements and instructions of the country from where they will apply.
Working in Canada
If you are a full-time international student, your spouse may be eligible to apply for an open work permit. Your spouse can apply for the work permit from overseas or inside Canada.
Studying in Canada
If your spouse and dependent children wish to attend educational institutions in Canada for more than six months, they can apply for a study permit from either overseas or inside Canada.
If you would like to invite your family members to attend your convocation, please send an email to email@example.com. You will be charged $15 on your uwinsite account for the letter. You are also required to write a letter of invitation yourself, instructions for writing an invitation letter can be found above.