The IDeA Competition
The Office of Human Rights, Equity and Accessibility (OHREA) is pleased to announce the Innovative Designs for Enhancing Accessibility (IDeA) student competition for the 2023-2024 academic year. We are grateful to the Entrepreneurship Practice and Innovation Centre (EPiCentre) at the University of Windsor for their support of this competition.
Each year, the University of Windsor hosts a student competition to engage creative minds to develop inclusive, innovative, cost-effective, and practical ideas to solve accessibility-related barriers. Entrants are not required to create a physical product, campaign, device, etc… Just present your original idea in the best way possible! Students can enter as a group or as an individual submission. Ideas created and developed as a part of coursework may also be entered.
Prizes to be won*
First Place - $500
Second Place - $250
Third Place - $150
Fourth Place - $100
*The prize amount will be applied to the selected Entrant’s UwinCARD.
How it works:
- The IDEA. Students develop an original idea to potentially prevent, eliminate, or reduce an accessibility barrier(s).
- The SUBMISSION. Entrant(s) submit a cover letter (see “Submission Formats”) and a submission by February 2, 2024. The submission could be a PDF, video, website, or an alternate electronic format (more details in “Entering Contest” section).
- The PITCH. On February 8, 2024, entrants will have up to 15 minutes present to a judging panel, followed by questions from the judges.
- You are enrolled as a student (full or part-time) at the University of Windsor in either the Fall 2023 semester and/or the Winter 2024 semester in any program of study (undergraduate, graduate, professional degree)
- You are an individual or part of a group or team (all group/team members who contribute to the IDeA must enter together)
- Your IDeA can be part of your coursework (an in-class assignment, research, or thesis project)
Find out more about the competition:
- Compeition Objective: Address Accessibility Barriers
- Entering the Contest
- Rules and Regulations
- Submission Formats
- Previous Competition Winners
If you have any questions or need assistance with submitting to the competition, please contact the IDeA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org