Accessibility Feedback (Reporting A Barrier)
Accessibility is a general term used to describe the degree to which a product, device, service or environment is available to all intended audiences. Individuals with disabilities may encounter a variety of physical, technological or attitudinal barriers.
At the University of Windsor, our mission is to create a fully accessible environment for everyone.
If you would like to share with us suggestions for ways to improve accessibility and inclusion or if you would like to share your experience of how inclusion and accessibility at the University of Windsor made a difference, please follow this link to complete an Accessibility Feedback Form. Identifying information collected by OHREA from the Accessibility Feedback Form will be kept confidential except for the purposes of tracking and disseminating with the appropriate unit both for follow-up and/or to share the content of the feedback.
If you encounter a barrier to accessibility, please review the list of options below to ensure that your concerns are reviewed and where appropriate, addressed in the most expeditious manner possible. If you would like to also bring your concern forward to our attention or if none of the options is suitable, please complete an Accessibility Feedback Form.
- Barriers to physical facilities: Items such as an out-of-service elevator, a non-functioning door opener, washroom fixtures that are broken or in need of repair should be reported with as much detail as to location(building/floor/room etc.) and the accessibility issue following the maintenance service request process outlined on the Facilities Services webpages. Please follow this link the Service Requests website.
- Snow removal preventing access: Issues with snow accumulation or removal should be reported through the Facilities Services webpages. Please follow this link to the correct website.
- Community safety and security: In an emergency call Campus Community Police at 4444 or 911 from any campus phone. By cell phone, call (519)253-3000 ext. 4444. To learn more about the types of emergency phones located throughout campus, please follow this link to the Campus Community Police website.
- Technology Service Disruption: To report barriers regarding University websites or technology such as FM transmitters in classroom which are not functioning, please follow this link to open a ticket with Information and Technology Services or contact the Information Technology Services help desk at ext. 4440.
- Accessible format: If you are a student who requires alternate format textbooks, please follow this link to the webpages of Student Accessibility Services.