About the Accessibility Committees
The University of Windsor strives to create and foster an academic environment that is accessible and which respects the rights and dignity of the individual. All members of the University community are obligated to interact on the basis of mutual respect, and to promote an environment which illustrates our commitment to undertake reasonable efforts in providing dignity, independence, integration, and equality of opportunity.
Follow the links below for PDF documents of the Structure and Terms of Reference for the Accessibility Committees
- Accessibility Committees Reporting Structure
- Accessibility Coordinating Committee (ACC) - Terms of Reference
- President's Committee on Diversity and Inclusion (PCDI) - Terms of Reference
Follow the links below for PDF documents of the Terms of Reference for the three (3) Standards Based Accessibility Committees
- Accessible Built Environment Committee (ABEC) - Terms of Reference
- Accessible Employment & Customer Service Committee (AECSC) - Terms of Reference
- Accessible Information & Communication Committee (AICC) - Terms of Reference
These three (3) committees (ABEC, AECSC, AICC) review the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and Standards to ensure the University's compliance with the portions of the legislation that relate to each area. The University strives to meet, and where possible, surpass the requirements of the legislation in order to identify and remove barriers for persons with disabilities and attain the goal of a fully inclusive community.
2022-2023 ACC Meeting Schedule
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023